Event Insurance

There are slightly different insurance requirements and insurance purchase options depending on the size and scope of your event. Please see “What qualifies as a large scale special event?”

Large Scale Events

Large scale events held on City property or the public right-of-way require signing an indemnification agreement and providing proof of general liability insurance coverage of at least $2,000,000 per occurrence. When an event includes the sale/service of alcohol, liquor liability coverage in the amount of $2,000,000 per occurrence is also required. Event organizers will be asked to provide a certificate of insurance that meets these requirements, along with a separate endorsement form that names the City of Eugene as an additional insured. The policy must be a primary policy, not a policy that contributes to any coverage that the City may carry. 

Event organizers should consult with their insurance agent or broker to secure insurance coverage that meets the City’s requirements. Special event insurance can also be purchased through a variety of insurance providers online. 

Small Scale Events

Small scale events held on City property often require proof of insurance and require signing an indemnification agreement. When a small event includes the service of alcohol, general liability insurance in the amount of $2,000,000 per occurrence including host liquor liability coverage is required. The policy must be a primary policy, not a policy that contributes to any coverage that the City may carry. Typical small scale events involve rental of a City-owned facility or park and may include a wedding ceremony/reception, graduation or birthday party, family reunion, etc.

The City of Eugene has access to a special event insurance provider that may be able to provide the coverage you need for your small scale event. The City offers an insurance coverage program through K & K Insurance for small scale events that is specifically designed for rental of City facilities and parks. For more information go to K & K Insurance and click “Buy Online” and then enter “City of Eugene” as the facility name and choose Oregon under “Facility State”. Hit the “Search” button and a drop down menu lists all applicable City facilities/parks. You can complete the application and pay on-line. A certificate of insurance will be emailed to you that you can provide to the City prior to your event. You can also consult with your insurance agent about alternate coverage options under an existing homeowner’s or business insurance policy.

NOTE: Permittee must agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the City, its officers, agents and employees from and against all claims for injury or damage that may arise out of any activity occurring at the event for which the applicant seeks a City permit.

Contact Us

  1. Community Programs Manager

    Colette Ramirez

    Ph: 541-682-6347