List of Event Permits

Reference list of permits that may be needed for special events

Special Event held on public property and/or Special Event in the Downtown Activity Zone
Event Notification Form60 days prior to eventCommunity Events Manager: 541-682-6347; Downtown Activity Permit Office: 541-682-5542
Street closure for block partyPrivate Use of Public Way Permit2-4 weeks depending on size of eventPublic Works: 541-682-8400
Sale of alcoholOregon Liquor Control Commission Permit21 days prior to eventOLCC: 541-686-7739
Local City Approval: 541-682-5379
Food providedOregon Health Authority - Food Safety20 days prior to eventMatthew Luedtke, Environmental Health Specialist, 541-682-7462
Parks and Open Space rentalStandard Use/Special Use Permit14 days prior to eventPublic Works: 541-682-4812
Places of assembly, amusement building, bonfires, carnivals or fairs, exhibits and trade shows, fireworks, performances with fire, pyrotechnic special effects, liquid or gas-fueled vehicles or equip. in assembly building, temporary membrane structures and tents.Fire Safety Permit14 days prior to eventFire Marshal: 541-682-5411
Temporary structures, stages, canopies, or platforms more than 48" above ground, temporary power.Commercial Construction Permit14 days prior to eventPlanning and Development: 541-682-5613
Event Insurance Requirements: non-commercial/small-scaleEvent Insurance Requirements14 days prior to eventRisk Services: 541-682-5662
Parade on public street or road raceParade Permit48 hours prior to eventPolice Department: 541-682-5633
Street closuresRight-of-Way Use Permit7 days prior to eventPublic Works: 541-682-8400
Affects Lane Transit District bus routesLTD Approval
LTD: 541-682-5555

Contact Us

  1. Community Programs Manager

    Colette Ramirez

    Ph: 541-682-6347