2023-2024 Fix-it Workshops and Fix-it Fair Events
Fix it Fairs and workshops allow volunteers and professionals to provide repairs for items such as a tools in need of sharpening, a small appliances (like a lamp or toaster), small electronics, an item of furniture, or even bicycles. Fixer also provide coaching for attendees.
The primary goals of Fix-It Fairs are to raise awareness of repair as a viable option in our community and reduce waste associated with broken items. Fix-it Fairs are free and open to everyone.
Upcoming Fix-it Events:
- May 21st: Spanish language Hazlo Tú Mismo repair event---Petersen Barn, 12-3PM
- May 22-26 (TBD) - Bicycle Repair at Homes for Good
- August - Fix-It Fair workshop (focus TBD) at Peterson Barn (indoor/outdoor)
- November - Fix-it Fair at Farmers Market Pavilion
For more information about how to participate in these events as a volunteer, Fixer, or attendee, visit the ToolBox Project Fix it Fair web pages, or email Alex Reyna, Waste Prevention Program Coordinator, City of Eugene.
Additional repair events are taking place across our region, sponsored by Lane County Waste Management:
- May 13 - Springfield Fix-it Fair at A3 Highschool
- July 22 - Cottage Grove Fix-It Fair at South Valley Farmers Market
- September 24 - Florence Fix-It Fair at Habitat for Humanity ReStore
For information about these events, visit the ToolBox Project Fix it Fair web pages, or reach out to Dan Hiestand, Lane County's Waste Management Specialist at 651-682-1223.