Hate and bias have major impacts on victims, families, and communities at large. In Eugene, everyone has a stake in creating a community where every person feels welcome, valued and respected.
This Prevention and Response Toolkit exists to support you, your neighborhood, and your communities in engaging with us in this effort.
Community action can result in building stronger connections and greater resiliency in our community.
How to Use the Toolkit
This Toolkit is for preventing and addressing hate activity and coordinating response to hate activity through community support. Learn how to:
- Identify hate and bias
- Report hate incidents
- Develop strategies for addressing hate in your community and neighborhood
Take advantage of the following tools and more:
- Quick guide to reporting
- Readiness and learning checklist
- Examples of statements of action for community groups
- Action plan templates
- Door-to-door knocking scripts
- Four appendices for further learning
Join our interested parties list for training opportunities related to the Hate and Bias Prevention and Response Toolkit.