The Downtown Ambassadors support a safe, vibrant and welcoming downtown by:
- Establishing a recognizable and welcoming city presence in our downtown core
- Supporting the positive activation of public spaces by setting up games, tables and seating in the Park Blocks and in Kesey Square, and keeping those space clean and tidy
- Providing information to the public about social services that are available, great places to get a bite to eat, upcoming events, parking and general wayfinding
- Educating the public on the rules and regulations downtown (smoking, dogs, trespassing, etc.)
- Trust and Confidence – We build trust and confidence with downtown partners and the public
- Public Service – We serve the public interest, supporting a safe, welcoming and vibrant downtown.
- Empathy – We approach all people and situations with empathy
- Teamwork – We work as a team with each other, other city staff and our downtown partners.
- Wellbeing – We strive for personal and community wellbeing.
- Adaptability – We are adaptable, responding to emerging needs and opportunities
You can call the Downtown Ambassador Team Monday to Saturday between 7:30 AM and 6:00 PM at 541 255 6695.