Downtown Activity Permits

As of October 1, 2020, the City of Eugene will process all applications for Downtown Activity Zone (DAZ) Permits. This includes permits for A-frame signs, cafe seating, events, food trucks, amplified sound and sales on public property within the Downtown Activity Zone (see map).

A-frame Signs

Unlike other parts of the city, A-frame signs are allowed on public property within the DAZ, but businesses must have a permit. To place a sign on the sidewalk in front of your business, please fill out this application and pay the associated fee.

Cafe Seating

In response to COVID-19, the City of Eugene has created a free, temporary cafe seating program. If you are interested in using public property adjacent to your business for cafe seating, we recommend applying through our Streatery Program.

Downtown Activity Zone Map


Are you interested in hosting an event in a public space in downtown Eugene? Awesome! The Park Blocks and Kesey Square are great outdoor venues at the heart of our community. Please fill out this event notification form and a member of our downtown events team will reach out to you.

Food Trucks

If you are interested in operating a food truck in downtown Eugene, please visit the food trucks page to learn more about the program requirements and application process.

Amplified Sound

Not hosting an event, but want to amplify sound within the downtown activity zone? You will need to fill out this application and pay the associated fee.

Sidewalk Vending (by an individual)

If you are an individual looking to sell items on public property downtown, please see Permit for Sales on Public Property in Downtown .