What Results Do Eugeneans Want for Our Community?
Eugene Counts provides a framework for engaging community members from across the city in thinking deliberately about the concrete results they would most like to see the City of Eugene focus on. Using a range of methods designed to capture the diversity of local perspectives, Eugene Counts can provide an opportunity for people to participate in offering input for elected officials and City staff. Community voices directly influence Council Goals and Outcomes.
City Council Vision, Goals and Outcomes
Value all people, encouraging respect and appreciation for diversity, equity, justice, and social well-being. We recognize and appreciate our differences and embrace our common humanity as the source of our strength; Be responsible stewards of our physical assets and natural resources. We will sustain our clean air and water, beautiful parks and open spaces, livable and safe neighborhoods, and foster a vibrant downtown, including a stable infrastructure; Encourage a strong, sustainable and vibrant economy, fully utilizing our educational and cultural assets, so that every person has an opportunity to achieve financial security.
Goals and Outcomes
A community where all people are safe, valued and welcome.
- Decreased property crime
- Greater sense of safety (especially downtown)
- Visible and accessible police presence
- Better police / community relations
A community that meets its present environmental, economic and social needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- Increased downtown development
- Strategic job creation/decreased unemployment
- Support for small and local business
- Decision-making that weighs economic, social equity and environmental (triple bottom line) effects
Accessible and Thriving Culture and Recreation
A community where arts and outdoors are integral to our social and economic well-being and are available to all.
- Accessible to all incomes
- Preserve strength in arts and outdoors
- Invest in arts and culture as an economic engine
Effective, Accountable Municipal Government
A government that works openly, collaboratively, and fairly with the community to achieve measurable and positive outcomes and provide effective, efficient services.
- Transparent and interactive communication
- Public engagement that involves the community broadly
- Stronger partnership between government entities
Fair, Stable, and Adequate Financial Resources
A government whose ongoing financial resources are based on a fair and equitable system of revenues and are adequate to maintain and deliver municipal services.
- A long-term sustainable budget
- New or expanded revenue sources
- Accessible and transparent financial information