Business Licenses

Our office is currently open limited hours. Please call or email for assistance:
541-682-5379 or

When a License is Needed

The City of Eugene does not issue a general business license to all businesses operating in Eugene. The business license office only regulates and requires licenses for the following business activities:

Certification Required

Public passenger vehicle drivers that who operate in the Eugene-Springfield metro area are required to be certified (e.g. taxi, shuttle or transportation network company drivers, i.e. UBER and Lyft).

Driver Certification Applications

Registration Required

See the Eugene Code related to each activity listed below. Licensing requirements and fees vary for each license, certification and registration. If you would like more information about any of these program areas, please contact us.

Commercial Solicitation

Certain businesses, such as commercial solicitation, are regulated by the Uniform Business Practices (Eugene Code 3.820-3.842). No license is needed, however there are other requirements.

Alcohol Consumption and Possession

The City of Eugene requires an exemption for alcohol consumption and possession in public places. The Autzen Stadium area on the University of Oregon campus is exempt from this rule during home football games. This is the only exemption from the licensing requirement currently allowed by the city. 

Liquor License Local Government Recommendation 

Please email OLCC documentation for approval to

Once application is received by our office, applicant will be contacted via phone for the local government review fee.